Brilliant Society’s mission is to help people cultivate their brilliance to create and sustain meaningful, expansive, brilliant work and lives.
Traditionally, so much of professional learning and development used to be controlled by employers through managers and human resource departments. But increasingly, we are becoming more and more detached from organisations and institutions – by choice or by circumstances.
We are moving to an economy where disruption is the norm, where the boundaries between employment and entrepreneurialism are blurring, and we are expected to constantly learn new skills and adapt – but with very little support.
Brilliant Society helps people develop the learning, expertise and skills we need to thrive in the new economy.
Brilliant Society Manifesto
- We are not are born with a limit to our potential – instead, we have an unlimited capacity to learn and grow over the course of our lives
- We can’t rely on others to develop our potential – we need to own our career and talent development
- We don’t have to resign ourselves to the work that is given to us – we can create work that we love and own
- We don’t have to accept that having lots of different jobs or trying out entrepreneurial ventures means giving up on a career – we can develop a higher narrative to create purpose and mastery
- There’s no one path that’s right for everyone – we need to discover what creates meaning for us
- Our worth is not wrapped up in any one job or business – it is in who we are and grow to be
- Our learning shouldn’t just be about acquiring specialised skills – rich and diverse learning cultivates our humanity for both ourselves and our communities to flourish
- We can’t grow by ourselves – we need real, human connections to develop our best selves and create our best work
- We don’t need competition between the individual and the collective – instead we can better nurture individual agency and expression with shared resources and supportive communities